Cape of Good Hope 1858 Missionary Letter to Rev W Holford

CHF465.00

1858 MISSIONARY LETTER / BRITISH KAFFRARIA: Envelope addressed to "Rev W. Holford, Mount Coke, via Fort Murray" franked full margined 4d deep blue triangular (SG 6) tied by triangular defacer leaving Hope clear. Backstamped Grahams Town oval SP 22 in red and bearing a small complete wax seal. VF, attractive, a pleasing 4d triangular letter. Rev William Holford had 55 years of ministry from 1855 to 1911. He managed the mission press at Mount Coke and was responsible for translating and printing the New Testament into the Native Language. The Methodist Mission of Mount Coke was founded in 1825 was rebuilt in 1848 after being destroyed in the frontier wars of 1834-35 & 1846.
Copyright © 2021 Filat AG. Powered by Zen Cart
Parse Time: 0.190 - Number of Queries: 172 - Query Time: 0.029289935058594