Cape of Good Hope 1859 Missionary Letter to Rev W Holford

CHF385.00

1859 MISSIONARY LETTER / BRITISH KAFFRARIA: Envelope addressed to "Revd Wm Holford, via Fort Murray" franked 4d deep blue triangular (SG 6, close/cut into on two sides) tied by the large triangular defacer. Backstamped Grahams Town oval JU 9 in red and bearing a small complete wax seal. F. Rev William Holford had 55 years of ministry from 1855-1911. He managed the mission press at Mount Coke and was responsible for translating and printing the New Testament into the Native Language. The Methodist Mission of Mount Coke was founded in 1825 and rebuilt in 1848 after being destroyed in the frontier wars of 1834-35 & 1846.
Copyright © 2021 Filat AG. Powered by Zen Cart
Parse Time: 0.164 - Number of Queries: 172 - Query Time: 0.02336961468506